Open Xen VS. Xenserver
– What VPS Hosting Plan Is Best For You
|Open Xen is a paravirtualization platform developed by the open source community,
while Xenserver is based upon the same Xen code it is a closed platform produced by Citrix.
Described below are the attributes and benefits that you can expect when signing up for a Xenserver VPS web hosting plan.
Choose the Right VPS Platform for Your Needs
In terms of picking one or the other, Xenserver is really setup and created for businesses. If you need a one of even a few servers for business applications, or want to mimic a dedicated server without the
required hardware, it is a great way to go.
It’s professionally packaged, has some great built in resources and best of all can be up and running in just a few short minutes.
Key Benefits of Hosting Metro’s Xenserver VPS Plans
- Complete system isolation from other VMs
- Provisioned in just a few minutes
- Full root access to file system and resources
- Built in management tools
- 2 Dedicated IP address(es)
- Lower costs for hardware and IT-related expenses
- Direct connection using SSH, Remote Desktop, or Terminal Services
- Choice of multiple operating systems including CentOS, debian, Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSUSE
- Protection for your server from others on the same server
- Install/uninstall programs or services
- State-of-the-art servers with no hardware maintenance costs
Ready to get started?
Open a XenServer VPS account today and select the plan that is right for you.